Saturday, October 8, 2016

Super Banana Bread

 Another keeper recipe. If you have some leftover bananas that are begging to be used, make this quick bread!


A lovely bread. I've made half a recipe for one loaf, so have used only half the amount of the ingredients listed in the recipe, with a further reduction in the amount of brown sugar used ; for half a recipe, I've used only 1/4 cup, and it is sweet enough. The bananas are very sweet to begin with!



I like the crumb texture of this quick bread. It is moist, soft and light, not as dense and heavy as some bananas bread tend to be. I will be making this again when I have leftover bananas.  

I've made half a recipe for one loaf, using half amount of the ingredients listed, with some changes to the following :
use nutmeg powder instead of freshly grated
use 1/4 cup light brown sugar
omitted the sprinkling of the turbinado sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment